Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tuesday is the Transplant!

The day of the transplant is quickly approaching, and I have so much to do that I feel like I should be wearing roller skates (gee...that dates me!) so I can get it all accomplished.

Dave had his final IVIG therapy yesterday, and they took one last blood test to make sure the cross match is good with the donor's, after all of these antibody treatments. We have been told that the results will be in by Friday, and that no news is good news. If we don't hear from them, have our bags packed and ready for Tuesday morning!

It was sort of funny the other day, as we sat in the transplant center's examination room talking to the nurse coordinator. She mentioned that Dave would no longer be able to eat anything raw (which is what had already told him....but we won't go there). He realized that "raw" meant sushi! I swear, I thought he was going to get up and say something like, "Thanks, but I'll stay on dialysis". So I promised him a weekend of awesome Japanese food. Ahhh... the sacrifices I make! ;)

As I sit here, and try to concentrate on the events of the last two and a half years, I am focusing on the blessings that God has allowed into our lives. Especially the awesome people who have blessed our lives so abundantly through prayer, friendship, service and constant encouragement. Without these trials, we never would have experienced these blessings so fully. So, while the road has been difficult, and while (speaking only for myself) I wish I could have remained in a state of denial most of the time....I have received so many personal blessings. Thank you!

I will keep you all updated as best as I can through next week. Most of you have my email or my cell phone, so feel free to contact me, anytime.

No comments: