Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!! I hope you are enjoying the weekend with your families, and having fun trying to get everything ready for the BIG day!!

Today I am doing some baking with the kids and my mom. We have already made the traditional cut out cookies and the kids decorated them with icing and sprinkles. Very nice.

This morning I am making two sugar-free pumpkin pies (so I can have something without the guilt) and some Krusczycki cookies. They are the fried Polish cookies that Dave grew up loving, and now the kids love them too. Very yummy....fried dough, sprinkled with powdered sugar. What's not to love! Then we do our traditional birthday cake for Jesus. That's a tradition that we all love.

Tomorrow night my family will be here, so we will have our tradition of Tamales, beans and rice. I'll have a ham for the "gringos" in the group! But I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't love tamales! :) On Christmas Day we will do the Prime Rib thing...with all the trimmings. A very low fat week is in store for us, evidently. :)

We are looking forward to going to church tomorrow afternoon. The music and message are always so awesome on Christmas!! One of our other traditions is to read the story of Christmas to the kids before bedtime. It's nice to remember what it is we are really celebrating.

May this Christmas bring you and your family joy, peace and love as we celebrate the coming of our Savior, Jesus!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: