Friday, January 18, 2008

Celebrating 16 years....Happy Anniversary!!


16 years ago, Dave and I began our life together! We were married on a beautiful January day in 1992, at the church we both grew up attending....St. John's in Hacienda Heights, California,


We had a military wedding, since Dave was a Leiutenant in the US Army Reserves. I remember the day so clearly, like it was yesterday. Many of our family members have since gone home to be with the Lord, but but on that day I was blessed to have my two grandmothers and Dave had his Great Uncle and Aunt from Cleveland. Uncle LaVerne sang like an angel, "Pontis Angelicus" , "Ave Maria" and "The Our Father". Wow...it was beautiful!


Life these past 16 years has been full of many happy times, a few unpleasant times, and even times where we both have been guilty of becoming complacent in our relationship...only to be reminded of what a blessing we are to each other.


God has blessed us with two beautiful sons, a loving home, and so much joy. I am so thankful.


Dave, we will make it through these current health trials, and then one day I will stand with you on the Spanish Steps, in Rome. That is my prayer!


I love you, sweetheart. Thank you for sharing your life with me for the last 16 years~ and many more to come. Happy Anniversary!!

No comments: