Friday, February 22, 2008

Update on Dave

I got a call from UCLA yesterday about my eligibility to be Dave's donor. When I was pregnant with Joey, I had some problems with kidney stones. I never had them prior to that and I haven't had any since giving birth over 5 yrs ago. So chances are good that my little stone problem was caused by hormones. But...I still have to go through some testing to make sure I am not producing stones now, or look like I have potential to do so later on. That's where we'll begin in about two months. Dave still needs to accomplish some preliminary stuff on his end before any donor can begin testing.

We did get some GREAT news! One of Dave's cousins has come forward, requesting information about being his donor. God is so awesome!!

Dave has been OK. Even though he got a flu shot, he ended up getting some flu-like virus this past week. But thankfully it has stayed in his upper respiratory tract, and has not gone into his lungs. We are still closely watching it.

That's about it for now.

No comments: