Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fish Fest 2007

I had such a fun day yesterday at the Fish Fest, out here in Irvine. I worked with the people from Big Idea (VeggieTales), getting the word out about the upcoming Pirate Movie, and then taking the characters around the park, so the kids could meet their favorite veggies up close and personal. I just love watching little faces light up when they first see a bigger than life Larry or Mr. Lunt! Hugs and pictures, and lots of happy faces. It was a good day for everyone!

It was also HOT. Ok, by California standards, it was hot. Friends from Arizona or Las Vegas needn't reply...I know I'm a whimp. :) I was with some guys from Nashville who were laughing at my idea of humidity! (But for all my local, fellow-whimpy friends...it was pretty steamy.)

Dave's been doing really well. He looks so great, again. We are still very hopeful that some dialysis might help his kidney function come back. His numbers seem to be improving, so you never know. Personally, I am just enjoying having my husband back. He was so sick for so long. We both feel extrememly blessed with the outcome, so far. God has truly allowed us a glimpse of what someone with a life threatening disease goes through. Our empathy for others will forever be greater.

I'm trying to plan a party to celebrate Dave's remission, but he wants to do something for my 40th b-day. So, we may have a big party celebrating both. Whatever we do we'll have all you guys over, lots of food and the usual karaoke torture!

Ok, I'm off to the pool! Have a great week!

No comments: